Trailnet was founded in 2006 by David Porter and Geoff Fletcher as a not-for-profit company dedicated to the promotion of outdoor physical activity. In July 2009 Trailnet became a community interest company and formally changed its name to Trailnet C.I.C. Our goal has always been to increase the number of people taking part in outdoor exercise by:
- Working with healthcare providers and local authorities to develop, manage and monitor healthy living programmes for local residents
- Organising and managing outdoor sporting and leisure events
- Providing advice and support to organisations and individuals interested in promoting or taking part in various outdoor activities
- Providing low cost rental of bicycles and other equipment
- Leading off-road bike rides for all abilities but especially for novice and special needs groups who benefit most from supported rides in safe, attractive environments
- Offering a range of cycle trips, from independent half-day outings to week-long fully supported bike tours
- Planning and developing recreational routes and links into and between local country parks and other open spaces.