We offer a range of exciting options to entertain, inspire and educate schoolchildren of all ages.
- Smoothie Bike – our pedal-powered smoothie maker emphasises the benefits of exercise and healthy eating and is popular with pupils and teachers alike
- Cycle skills sessions – we provide a variety of sessions from basic bike control for younger pupils to more competitive individual and team challenges for the older, more experienced riders
- Bike Polo – riding one-handed while trying to hit a ball with a polo mallet is a great way to practice low-speed control. Sessions include basic instruction followed by an informal game
- Dr. Bike –it’s great to see more children cycling to school but often the bikes they ride are badly in need of some TLC. Our qualified mechanics will check and adjust pupils’ bikes and carry out basic repairs. When possible, we involve older children in the process so that can gain an understanding of bike mechanics and know what to check before they ride
- Bike Boffs – using a bicycle to grab and hold attention, we relate the bike to a range of subjects including maths, engineering, history, sport and physiology. These sessions are particularly effective in engaging pupils who are struggling in standard learning environments.
Learning Outside the Classroom
For activities outside of the school environment we can offer all of the above plus the following at our activity centre at Thorndon Country Park:
- Geocaching – a high tech treasure hunt that leads pupils to local sites of historical, cultural or natural heritage, or we can set up event-specific caches based on group requirements
- Orienteering – pupils learn how to use a map and compass to find checkpoints within the country park. Orienteering is a great way to introduce or reinforce basic concepts of ratio, geometry and trigonometry while encouraging exercise and teamwork
- Mountain Biking – off-road rides tailored to the abilities of the group. Sessions can be teacher-led or we can provide qualified and experienced ride leaders to support the group and to demonstrate basic off-road skills
- Activity Days – for the perfect school trip mixing learning and physical activity, we offer half or full-day sessions of any of the above activities tailored to your requirements.
Teach the Teacher
It’s often cheaper and more convenient for teachers to deliver their own sessions and we are happy to provide bespoke training sessions covering any of the above activities.
For more information about any of our school offerings, please contact us